Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Geo Love



Mid January I had the absolute pleasure of flying to Melbourne to visit friends & get some creative juices flowing.  I don't remember the last time I had a cloud-free flight to Melbourne...it was clear skies the entire journey & I was mesmerised by the beautiful landforms below. The geometric shapes of fields locking in against rivers and creeks... the straight lines of roads cutting through the landscape. I had not even reached Melbourne yet & I was already inspired. The need to make geometric brooches was overwhelming hence when the plane landed, polymer clay was bought & the creating began!
For those of you who know me, I love a bit of stitching & these brooches wouldn't be complete without a touch of thread.
Bowerbird Bazaar is fast approaching & I am looking forward to unveiling these beauties! After Bowerbird you will be able to purchase these & many other new items online or at selected local shops.






3 comments: